Dear Residents, Families and Staff:
First and foremost we want to thank you for everyone’s kindness, support and cooperation during these uncharted times. We are blessed to have an amazing staff that have provided care and services for your very special loved ones. We are also thankful that we remain COVID-19 free at the present time. Please remember to keep Westminster in your thoughts, your meditations, and your prayers as we continue on this journey in safety for all.
As a reminder, these are the current processes in place, adhering to state guidelines:
- Beauty Salons –The Skilled Health Center Beauty Shop began seeing residents on Tuesday July 7th, 2020. The Residential Beauty Shop began seeing residents on Friday July 10th, 2020.
- Outdoor Visitations – Outdoor visitation continues, and is encouraged. Again, we do ask that all abide by the visitation guidelines. Please check wvmuncie.com, Facebook or refer to state guidelines for visitation procedures.
***Window visits are still allowed and encouraged by guidelines***
- Essential Family Caregivers- This process began on Wednesday July 8th, 2020. If you were contacted by the facility, and completed the requirements, then you may begin your caregiver functions. Again, we ask that you abide by the guidelines.
- Outdoor Excursions – are permitted, however limited based upon individual circumstances. We ask that you take into consideration the safety and wellbeing of yourself, and/or your loved one.
Beginning July 17th, 2020, Indoor Visitation will begin under Indiana State Department of Health guidelines. Westminster Village has set forth the following guidelines:
- Visitation will be: 9:00 am – 11:00am and 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
7 days a week. We ask that you abide by these set times.
- All visitors must enter through the Main entrance and be screened. We ask that you not visit if you have any signs or symptoms of illness, or have had contact with anyone that is ill. Visitation may be declined if it is observed that the visitation could pose an infection control threat to the community.
- All visitors must properly wear a mask at all times during their visit. We do ask that you bring your own mask.
- All visitors must maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet during the visit.
- All visitors must hand wash or utilize alcohol-based hand rub upon visit.
- We encourage no more than 2 visitors at a time, but a MAXIUM of 3.
- All visits must be in the prospective resident’s apartment or room.
- Traveling throughout the building must be directly from the main entrance to the resident’s apartment or room. We ask that you maintain to the right of the hallways when entering and exiting the building.
- All visitors must utilize the main elevators during visitation times. We ask that residents and staff, if able, use alternate elevators during visitation times.
- Residents, if they choose to do so, may visit with one another if all parties agree-during visitation times. We ask that you follow infection control guidelines.
Please note that the facility may cease visitation if a new facility-onset COVID-19 resident or staff case is confirmed, or if there has been potential exposure.
Again, we must adhere to strict regulations set forth by the state, and we ask for your understanding as we continue to venture into these adaptations within our Westminster family.
It is our goal to serve and protect the residents and staff. We are thankful that we have remained COVID free; and that we are a 5 Star facility.
We are truly blessed to be part of something so special!
Dale E. Lindley, HFA, President
Mary Jo Crutcher, HFA, Vice President
Jennifer Peterson, RN, DON