Dear Westminster Village Residents and Families:
We want to continue to keep you updated on our efforts to attempt to keep everyone safe during this pandemic. For the last five months we have received and followed the guidance from ISDH, CDC, CMS and DCHD.
During the month of August and into September, all long-term care healthcare workers will be re-tested again. Per ISDH, we have been scheduled for our on-site COVID testing on Monday, September 7th (Labor Day) and Tuesday, September 8th. Staff are highly encouraged to go to an Optum Site (National Guard Armory) as soon as possible to complete this testing prior to the September 7th date.
Currently we have had only three positive staff cases and no resident cases. The ISDH has made available to everyone a Long-term Care Dashboard at www.coronavirus.in.gov/2393.htm. According to information from this dashboard, at least 77% of the COVID-19 deaths in Delaware County have occurred in long-term care facilities.
We realize that things have opened up more than what they were back in April through June. However, please be aware that there is still a pandemic going on in the world. We are still at risk and need to continue to observe precautions to minimize infections. Everyone needs to follow the infection control guidelines at all times that include:
- Washing your hands frequently or using alcohol-based hand rub;
- Wearing your mask properly whenever you are outside your apartment or room or when near others;
- Distancing yourself at least six feet apart from others;
- Outside trips are permitted, however limited based upon individual circumstances. Take into consideration the safety and wellbeing of yourself, and/or your loved one.
- If you are sick or have been in a COVID-19 Hot Spot, please protect everyone by staying home. It may be best to call, FaceTime, Zoom or send a card.
Since July 17th – the date inside visitations began – we have seen a substantial increase in the number of visitors and others entering our building. Please be aware that all visitors must follow our current visitation policy that includes:
- Limiting the number of visitors to a maximum of three;
- Visitors must be screened and not have any signs or symptoms of COVID-19;
- Observe the two hour visiting times of 9 am – 11 am and 6 pm – 8 pm. Please exit the building when visiting hours are over;
- Travel directly to and from the apartment/room of the resident who you are visiting;
- Individual meals may be provided, but food should not be shared between Residents and Visitors;
- Follow the recommended infection control guidelines as stated above.
Visitors that do not follow these criteria may have the privilege of visitation revoked.
Outside visits and window visits are strongly encouraged when weather permits.
We continue to update our website and digital signs each weekday with new information as it becomes available.
Again, our goal is to protect the residents and staff from this virus. We request your thoughts, prayers and encouragement in whatever way you express your care for our staff and mission.
Stay safe, informed and well.
Administration, Supervisors and the Management Team