January 12, 2021
Dear Residents, Families and Employees:
Excitement was in the air at Westminster Village yesterday when 232 residents and staff members received their first vaccination for COVID-19. CVS will return in 28 days (February 8th) to provide the second of the two doses required for the vaccine, as well as to give the first dose to those who missed their chance Monday.
Everyone has been looking forward to this day for quite some time. We are thankful and blessed that, as a resident or healthcare worker, we are some of the first to receive this opportunity to be vaccinated. We want residents and their families to be able to return back to a sense of normalcy with shared meals, life events, and daily moments of physical connection, for staff and residents alike. We know we still have a journey ahead of us before we get there, however yesterday was a giant step toward that goal. We have been living with infection control restrictions since March of last year. We now have a vaccine that is providing hope for the future.
Yesterday 93% of residents were vaccinated and 37% of the employees have been vaccinated. In the days ahead we will continue to track as others also get vaccinated.
Even with our first vaccination clinic now behind us, the pandemic still exists. Therefore, we must all still remember to continue observing the following protocols:
- Always wear your mask properly – over your nose and mouth
- Social distance appropriately – at least six feet apart
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds
- Travel only to medically necessary appointments
- Continue window visits, phone calls and social media interaction
- Continue daily screening for signs and symptoms of COVID
- Notify the nurse on your unit if you feel ill
- Protect those near you at home and at work
- Employees & Essential Family Caregivers continue regularly scheduled testing
Remember that we continue to update our COVID-19 status on our website at wvmuncie.com and on our in house digital signs. Information is also available on our GroupCast Message System for those residents, families and employees who have chosen to receive those messages.
Please continue to do everything you can to stay safe and healthy by following the policies as stated above. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 765-288-2155 and ask for Administration or the Director of Nursing.
The Administration, Supervisors and Management Staff